Whether you're planning a party for your furry friend's birthday, adoption day, graduation from puppy pre-school, or just for the fun of it, here's some tips for the day.
- Do invite dogs that your dog already knows well.
- Do have plenty of food on hand, spread it over the course of the party.
- Do check with other owners for any food allergies their dogs might have.
- Do have more than one drinking water station.
- Do supply magic bags (poop bags) and have a designated bin for owners to clean up after their pups.
Handy Hint: If any of your four-legged guests have social issues, suggest their owners keep them on a leash, especially if in a public park or garden.
As for the party itself, themes are always fun.
- You could have a sports team party and have your pooch dress in "their" team's colours.
- Or a cocktail party for the sophisticated pooch to wear their evening gown or bow tie.
- Perhaps favourite movie/book/tv characters - who doesn't love seeing dogs dressed up like Batman or Princess Leia?
Prepare some fun doggy games such as "roll over", tug-o-war, and agility races. Don't forget prizes for the winners!!